Fruits and Veggies are full of vitamins, minerals, fiber, and disease-fighting phytochemicals! How awesome is that! Eating your fruit and veggies can help fight against things like Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Type II Diabetes, and even Cancer!
So thats pretty awesome! What do they do for us for losing weight?? Well they are low on calories and high in fiber! Great for a snack! Besides the fact that they are packed full with vitamins and minerals which your body needs to run properly you can fill up easily on them without overdoing it calories wise!
This means that our plates should look a bit more like this:
Instead of like this:
So what veggies are the best for you? And of course Raw (not really an option with Dried Beans) will get you the highest amount of these vitamins and minerals.
1. Broccoli is high in calcium, iron, magnesium, and Vitamins A, B6 and C.
2. Peas are high in fiber, iron, magnesium, potassium, and Vitamins A, B6 and C.
3. Dried Beans (Navy, Great Northern, Kidney) are high in iron, fiber, manganese, and phosphorous.
4. Red Bell Peppers have potassium, riboflavin, and Vitamins A, B6 and C. (One cup = 317% of the daily recommended daily amount of Vit C!)
5. Beets are awesome because you get two for one! You can eat the greens and the root!
Roots are high in Iron, Potassium, and Vitamin C.
Greens are high in iron, calcium, magnesium, potassium, zinc, and Vitamins A, B6, and C.
6. Avocado (Technically a fruit) is high is Fiber, Vitamin E and Folate. Also because they have a healthy fat these yummy things can help you lower your cholesterol!
What about the Fruits?!1. Apples are high in Fiber and Antioxidants
2. Bananas are high in fiber, Vitamin B6, potassium and Folate
3. Cantaloupe are high in fiber, Vitamin A, Folate and Potassium
4. Cherries are high in fiber and antioxidants
5. Dried Figs are high in fiber, potassium, calcium and iron
6. Mangos are high in Fiber, and Vitamins A and E
So heres to eating our fruits and veggies! What are your favorites??