Here are the rules:
- You must have an account on TeamBeachbody.com and I must be your coach. If you haven't made an account, you may do so by going to www.beachbodycoach.com/turborachel and clicking "join." A basic free membership will do. If you are a member and have a different coach, please email email@example.com and ask them to set your coach as TurboRachel, coach ID 128848. Thank you!
- Challenge packs aren't required, but having Shakeology in your court does help. If you need/want a challenge pack, check 'em out here: http://teambeachbody.com/shop/-/shopping/BCPTR205?referringRepId=128848 Challenge packs get you a 30 day supply of Shakeology, the Turbo Fire program and 30 days VIP access to the message boards where you can get free workouts, a meal planner and you get in on live chats with the trainers which is pretty sweet.
- Turbo Fire by itself can be purchased here: http://teambeachbody.com/shop/-/shopping/TurboFire?referringRepId=128848
- You may notice that Amazon has Turbo Fire for slightly less $$. You know why it's cheaper? It's the old version of the program and if you do it, you won't get Fire Starter and you'll be doing a totally different schedule. Also, in the event your discs get scratched up, Team Beachbody won't replace them for free. You'll have to buy new ones. And them discs DO get scratched up after a while! Also, when you buy from Beachbody (different than Team Beachbody unfortunately), Amazon or Ebay, you miss out on getting bonus workouts and I won't be able to send you a free Turbo Fire waterbottle when this challenge is up. Boooooo.
- ACCOUNTABILITY IS MANDATORY! This challenge is centered in my Facebook group which is secret so your friends can't see your posts or even that you're in there. Post about what you ate, what you wish you could have ate, how your workout went, any struggles or questions you have with diet or exercise. Just make sure you check in EVERY SINGLE DAY! This is how we stay on track and the support we can give each other is one of the best motivational tools you can get.
- Chalene Johnson devised a nutrition plan and calorie calculator for this program for a reason. You MUST EAT ENOUGH to get the results you want out of this. Every turbo move is designed to not just burn calories but to sculpt muscles. If you don't feed muscles, they aren't going to burn fat for you. You want those fire drills revving your metabolism up so that means eat! Even better - eat what she tells you to eat in the nutrition guide. Those recipes are actually really good! I kid you not! :)
- Do not feel pressured to jump! You can follow Alee and get an equally good workout, you just have to push yourself and keep your intensity level up! You get out of this what you put into this.
- If you are struggling with a move and need it broken down, speak up! I am a certified Turbo instructor and am more than happy to provide a video break down of different moves.
- Give each workout 3 chances before you get totally flustered. The choreography can seem fast, I know. Believe me, I know. But you WILL pick this up before you know it. If I can do this at 300 lb, anyone can do it. Fo'real.
- Take a before pic! When you're done with the 90 or 120 days (if you decide to do the advanced classses) submit that pic with your after photo to the Beachbody Challenge and you get a free tank top! Just be aware - they run 1 size bigger. Unless you have big boobs - then they are true to size. Your before pic is a great motivational tool. Especially if you put it in places where you're forced to look at it. Don't want to workout? Look at yourself in your underwear. It works!!!
This is the water bottle I'm talking about: