Hi everyone! My name is Pam and I want to talk "Running Love"
February is the month of " LOVE" and while it is coming to a close, there is still time to fall in love or rekindle your love of running.
BACK TO THE BASICS
- Check your shoes: make sure they are in good condition and comfortable.(Running stores offer proper fitting and can guide you to the perfect shoe)
- Start Slow: A C25K program (aka couch to 5k) is a great way to start, or refresh if has been awhile since you have hit the pavement.
- Develop a schedule: Plan to run 3 times a week with a rest day in between. This will help prevent injuries.( do not run everyday)
- Stretch: Always end each run with a good stretch.
- Hydration: Drink water! Whether it is cold or hot outside, it is very important to stay hydrated ( drink at least 64oz. of water daily)
Running is good for your heart!!
BENEFITS OF RUNNING
- Aerobic exercise improves lung and heart function and allows the blood to flow more efficiently at carrying oxygen to your cells
- Stimulates stronger bones ( as muscles get stronger, bones become stronger and denser )
- Relieves stress ( promotes a sense of well being long after the run)
- Weight loss ( more calories are burned through aerobic exercise)
I believe everyone has a "runner" deep within themselves. They just have to dig deep and unleash it. So get out there, find your run and fall in love!